China IPR SME Helpdesk
The China IPR SME Helpdesk supports European Union Small and Medium-sized Enterprises to both protect and enforce their Intellectual Property Rights in or relating to Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan through the provision of free information and services. These take the form of jargon-free, first-line, confidential advice on intellectual property and related issues, plus training, materials and online resources.
The China IPR SME Helpdesk project is funded by the European Union and builds on the achievements of a pilot project carried out in 2008-2010, the subsequent Phase II in 2010-2013 and Phase III in 2014. Phase IV ran from January 2015 to June 2018. As of September 2018 Phase V commenced and comprises a total budget of roughly EUR 1,800,000 over a two years period.
The Helpdesk’s free services for European SMEs include:
Helpdesk Enquiry Service – Confidential Advice
Individual SMEs and SME intermediaries can submit IRP enquiries directly to the Helpdesk via phone, email or in person, getting access to a panel of experts to receive free and confidential first-line advice.
Browse the Helpdesk industry and business-focused guides and training materials that address China IPR issues by:
• IP Factsheets for Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
• IP topic, including patents, trade marks, copyrights, licensing, dealing with counterfeiting.
• Business focus, including IP as a business asset, technology transfer, finding the right lawyer.
• Industry, including textiles, medical devices, ceramics etc.
• How to guide for step-by-step guidance to complete IP protection or registration processes in China
The multi-lingual online portal provides easy access for all EU SMEs to Helpdesk information and services, including:
Helpdesk guides –The Helpdesk publications provide a range of expert-written guides, factsheets and presentations that assist businesses in understanding the IP landscape in China.
E-learning modules – The Helpdesk’s series of 20-minute, interactive E-Learning Modules address various aspects of intellectual property in China and how they are relevant to your business.
Event information – The IPR SME Helpdesk organizes training events which are free for European Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) to attend.
Live Webinars – Helpdesk webinars feature a presentation and Q&A session with a China intellectual property and business expert.
Infographics – The China IPR SME Helpdesk is preparing a series of infographics to help you understand the main framework of IP protection in China as well as top tips for protecting your IP. The infographics will also provide you with information on how the Helpdesk can help you protect your business and innovations.
Podcast – The audio and video podcasts will give SMEs an insight on the latest Helpdesk activities and exciting news from the IP world in China, South-East Asia and Latin America.
Serious Game – When playing the serious game you will be guided through common business scenarios linked to IP challenges, which provides an immersive context for situational learning. This new business tool will allow you to increase your knowledge and awareness about managing intellectual property when entering the China market.
The Helpdesk arranges training on China IPR protection and enforcement in Europe and China, tailored to the needs of SMEs:
• General IPR issues, including IP registration and establishing an IP protection strategy.
• Practical business challenges such as choosing a Chinese business partner, attending a trade fair, licensing.
• Helpdesk IPR Clinics offering SMEs free 20 minute one-on-one consultations with an IP expert are available at many training events.
• Train-the-trainer resources for SME service providers and intermediary bodies to improve the awareness of intermediary representatives about the scope and tools offered by the China IPR SME Helpdesk.
For more information and details regarding “China IPR SME Helpdesk services”, please visit the website at:
For more tips on investing and trading in the EU, please contact the Business Cooperation Centre of Enterprise Europe Network Central China – Macao Office (EENCC Macao Office) at Tel: (853)2871 3338 or (853)2872 7882/Fax: (853)2871 3339/Email: email@example.com