Macao Exhibition and Conference
- ECO Expo Asia 2011
- MICE Service
- The Incentive Measures
- Expo Central China 2011
- The 7th China Jilin Northeast Asia Investment and Trade Expo
- Announcement of Trade Fairs and Conventions
- Information on Exhibition and Conference
- Gangzhou Fair 2011
- 15th China International Fair for Investment & Trade
IPIM Partners and Fairs
- China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT)
- China Harbin International Fair for Trade and Economic Cooperation
- China Chongqing Investment and Global Sourcing Fair
- China Hi-Tech Fair
- The Investment & Trade Forum for Cooperation between East & West China
- Western China International Economy and Trade Fair
- China Jilin-Northeast Asia Investment And Trade Expo
- China Yiwu International Commodities Fair
- The Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel
- Hong Kong Brands and Products Expo
- Global Gaming Expo Asia (G2E Asia)
- Feira Internacional De Maputo (FACIM)
- The 3rd Guangdong Foreign-invested Enterprises Commodities Fair
- Information on Exhibition Venue, Conference Centre, Exhibition and Conference Service
- Hong Kong Fashion Week for Spring / Summer 2012
- Laws and Regulations on Exhibition and Conference
- The 22nd China Harbin International Economic and Trade Fair
- Contacts for International Exhibition and Convention Organisation
- The 9th China Cross-Straits Technology and Projects Fair
- Event HR Database
- Macao MICE Portal
- The 14th International Exhibition of Food & Drink, Hotel, Restaurant & Foodservice Equipment, Supplies & Services
- HONG KONG Houseware Fair
- HK Fashion Week for Fall/Winter 2011
- The Second Session Import & Export Fair, Zhuhai – Zhongshan – Jiangmen
The convention and exhibition industry has been one of Macao’s fastest-growing emerging sectors in recent years. The organisation of various conferences and exhibitions bring business opportunities to a variety of sectors and promotes the development of the entire industry chain.
Development of Macao’s Convention and Exhibition Industry
Macao is a meeting point for Eastern and Western business and cultural exchanges with the city functioning as a co-operation platform for a long time. The rapid development of Macao’s trade, manufacturing and service industries further promoted the city’s external exchanges and co-operation in the 1960’s, when relatively more organised themed trade fairs were begun to be organised in Macao. During 1970’s and 80’s, import and export commodities exhibitions, trade fairs and trade expos showcasing locally manufactured products were the major trade and economic events in Macao. The 1st Macao International Trade and Investment Fair (MIF), organised by the government trade and economic department (Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute), co-organised by a number of chambers of commerce, trade and economic related entities from Macao and other regions, was organised in 1996. MIF has been witness to the rapid growth of Macao’s convention and exhibition industry, with the fair developing into a more international and professional event.
There are an increasing number of events being held in Macao the size and content are also expanding, while the convention and exhibition sector is improving and growing. Meanwhile, a number of large convention and exhibition venues are being constructed in the city. The first to the fifth Ministerial Conference of the Forum for Economic and Trade Co-operation between China and Portuguese speaking Countries (Macao) were held in Macao, reflecting that the city is capable of hosting major international meetings. As the branding effect of local conventions and exhibitions is becoming more obvious, various overseas fairs and events are also being attracted to Macao. During these years, the “International Infrastructure Investment and Construction Forum” and the “APEC Tourism Ministerial Meeting 2014”, are two of the international events organised in Macao.
In addition, the Dynamic Macao Business and Trade Fair has been held in various Mainland cities since May 2009, the event is not only a popular activity in the host cities, but also boosts co-operation in trade, tourism and culture between Macao and the relevant cities on the Mainland.
The MICE Industry of Macao and its Strengths
Macao’s convention and exhibition industry has a promising future as the sector has a range of strengths, along with various supporting incentive measures from the SAR Government, assisting local and overseas entrepreneurs to explore business openings.
- Advantageous location in the Pan-PRD region
Located in the Pan-PRD region, Macao is among the most competitive and economically vibrant cities in China. It has established close links with economic, convention and exhibition centres and emerging cities like Guangzhou, Hong Kong and the Pearl River Delta region. Mutual development within the region with numerous transportation connections by sea, land and air provide favourable conditions for the development of the convention and exhibition industry.
- Strengthening Roles as a Regional Business Service Platform
Macao has always been a place where east and west meet in terms of its economic and cultural development. It’s a highly open economy with free port, an independent tariff zone with simple and low taxation regime and international market network, providing a favourable business environment and platform. The functions and features of the convention and exhibition industry are in line with and complement Macao’s development into a trade and business service platform so as to achieve mutual growth.
- A World Tourism and Leisure Centre Equipped with World-class Convention and Exhibition facilities
Having a rich cultural background and tourism resources, the city possess a unique advantage for the development of the convention and exhibition sector. There are more than 30 million people visiting Macao annually, and the city is working towards becoming a World Tourism and Leisure Centre. Macao possesses world-class major international convention and exhibition venues which are equipped with diverse features to meet the needs of different events.
- Regional Co-operation Offers Ample Development Potential
Following the strengthened implementation of Mainland and Macao Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA), as well as development in Pan-PRD regional co-operation, Macao, along with the region which the city lays, is equipped with ample business opportunities and has become an ideal choice for investors with enormous development potential in the convention and exhibition industry.
Macao SAR Government has provided support for the industry in various ways, including the setting up of the Committee for the Development of Conventions and Exhibitions, and IPIM assumed the responsibility for co-ordinating the promotion of the convention and exhibition industry from November 2015. The government has also put in place a number of measures to encourage the development of the industry, supporting them in the construction of branded conventions and exhibitions, encouraging different regions to organise events in Macao and assisting industry operators in external liaisons and co-operation.